Wednesday, August 1, 2007

1000 words, or more. (an image collage)

Three men resting inside the Forbidden City.

A picture is worth 1,000 words, right? Well, i took several hundred photos in China and while i won't bore you with them all, i did want to share a few that didn't fit in any of the other posts. Enjoy.

This giant mask is installed outside a gleaming office building. I liked it.

This Taoist monk taking a nap in the courtyard of the White Cloud Temple.

Five newly married couples flock to the beach in Qingdao for photos.

Modern Chinese Art. (watch out for the hand)

More traditional, revolutionary Chinese art.

A street market in Xi'an.

Flowers being planted outside the Temple of Heaven.

One of my favorite buildings. Yes, this is new China.

A street stall selling sweets.. which would you choose?

This guy wanted to take my picture.. so i took his.

And this girl wanted a photo with me.. so i got one too.

Mao's face on just about every yuan bill.
And i thought Washington's face was on a lot of $1 bills!

A rather intimidating sculpture of a very powerful yak.

1 comment:

panascakes said...

I really want some of those sweets. I wonder if they were made in China.