Sunday, July 8, 2007

My Beijing pad.

My apartment building in Chaoyang

I am living in an awesome part of the city called the Chaoyang district. This area is close to several embassies and is known for its large expat population. As the crow flies, i am situated just about a mile and a half due east of Tienanmen Square. I love it because it is just a two block stroll to work in the morning (best commute ever!) and the subway station Guomao is literally steps away. I have no trouble getting around the city using the subway or taking taxis. The apartment building is a bit of a landmark, and though my Mandarin is limited, cabdrivers seem to know the location well.

China World Apartments.

The driveway entrance to my building.

My work has put me up in a posh apartment in the China World complex, which includes restaurants, a supermarket, countless stores, and even an ice rink! Several of my colleagues live in this building as well, so it makes meeting up to go out a snap. The apartment has its own full kitchen and washer and dryer, which is super convenient. And last but not least, my room is serviced each day, so i don't even have to make my bed!

My bed. Pillows anyone??

The bedroom.

Bathroom.

Living room.

Kitchen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a *sweet* pad! No Chinese style toilets for J5. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Frank Lavin would call this "fantabulous"

Tristan Weir said...

Your place is definitely nicer than the double deuce.